Merry Majestic

Tourist in Rainbow Socks

Both KH and I were looking forward to our first overseas trip in a long time. We didn't brave that hellish passport renewal queue at Jalan Duta for nothing. Our tickets to Danang were for the 27th of September. Packed my bags, and ordered my Grab. But it was not to be. Super Typhoon Karding left the Philippines and made its way across the South China Sea, turning into Typhoon Noru. Noru was slated to make landfall at Danang on the 27th, on the same day of our scheduled arrival. Of course, the airport was closed, and all flights cancelled, and our travel plans were blown away by a strong gust of wind. My Grab driver was already halfway to my house when I called him to cancel. He was nice enough not to charge me a single sen. Dragged my luggage back upstairs with a hint of dejection. However, all was not lost. The ever resourceful KH immediately arranged a staycation. Packed my overnight bag, and headed to KL with KH, dressed in my short shorts and rainbow socks.

Ramen Lunch

Parked at Lot 10, and made a short shopping trip at Donki. Picked up all the snacks we needed for the night. Also picked up a Hattendo cream bun to lift my spirits! Lunch was at Ramen Kumo. Tried a unique broth that makes use of fish and shrimp oil. After lunch, we checked into The Majestic with the help SimonLover, the hotel regular. The corner room had a view of the Asian International Arbitration Centre at one side, and the swimming pool at the other. From my vantage point, I could see a bunch of geilous in the pool, and I was impressed by how they could just stand around in the water with a pair of shades on, looking cool, without getting cold. 

Hotel Room

Some time in the afternoon, I got a ping from work regarding a production issue although they thought that I was in Vietnam. Didn't leave the guy high and dry, and provided whatever help I could. Eventually we also had a swim before our buffet dinner. A feeble attempt to offset the calories we were about to ingest at Contango.

Buffet Dinner

Stuffed our faces for as long as we could. Ninety minutes was all that we could manage. We were amateurs compared to the mother-daughter pair who sat adjacent to us. Those professionals could have dessert, then go back to main, then have dessert again. A different level altogether. To help the food settle, we took a night walk outside. Also explored the hotel grounds a bit. Checked out Colonial Cafe with its retro feel, but we were too cheap to order a cocktail there. Went back to our room to drink shoju out of wine glasses in our underwear instead. Snuggled on the couch to watch Jo Koy on Netflix, and KH was really bowled over by the jokes.  

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
Glad to hear that Plan B went well.
Short shorts indeed!
J said…
Came for the clickbait stayed for the sweet ending...
William said…
@JJ:
Not SimonLover's standard.

@J:
Subscribe my OF. XD

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho