Paktor Post-PPV

Second Dose AZ

Two months passed and it was time for my second dose of Astra Zeneca. Such a long wait when one compares it to those who got Pfizer and Sinovac. KH drove me to WTC and took it as a chance to paktor. How the definition of paktor has changed. Haha. As expected, it was a smooth drive to WTC on a Sunday afternoon. Some weeks prior, vaccination appointments were screwed up the city center was locked down to thwart a political protest against the newly-minted prime minister. He was so insecure that he even shutdown the rail service. KH dropped me off at the entrance of WTC, and went to park at Sunway Putra Mall. Experience taught me to update my "COVID-19 Status" in the MySejahtera app and refresh my profile before approaching the crew at the first check point. Compared to my first appointment in July, there was noticeably less people, and there was no wait. Just kept walking from point to point. No longer needed to get to Dewan Merdeka on fourth floor. Did a quick registration, and was asked to fill up a small piece of paper. And we were already outside the vaccination stations. Around ten minutes later, I was given my jab by a Malay nurse. Everything was proper. Opened a fresh syringe in front of me. Showed me the vial of vaccine to confirm the batch number and expiry date, then proceeded to fill up 0.5ml of the solution. At the moment of injection, she recited, "bi-smi llāhi r-raḥmāni r-raḥīm" to invoke Allah's blessing. Mesti power. Once done, she showed me the empty syringe. Next was the 15 minute-observation cum briefing about the vaccination certificate. Main takeaway:

"You can still get Covid-19 after two doses of vaccine. Please adhere to SOPs."

Finally got fully-vaccinated! After 14 days I will be able to enjoy the full privileges of the status. But I doubt this will be the end of it. Probably will see booster shots in the future. Updated KH, and quickly headed to Sunway Putra Mall via the link bridge. No freebies. To celebrate, KH and I grabbed a couple of coffees from Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf. The mall had quite a number of shoppers because most of the shops were open, and dine-in was allowed. The fact that KH had to park on the lower basement corelated with my observation. People are in a hurry to get back to semblance of normalcy. 

Comments

William said…
@Twi:
Itu kena mengucap syahadah.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?