AZ@WTC

Walking to WTC PPV

Finally it was my turn to get vaccinated. On the fourth of July, at World Trade Centre (WTC). Did you notice the name change? I don't when they decided to throw out the word "Putra". The drive there was smooth, with little traffic on a Sunday afternoon. Zero police road blocks too. I parked at Sunway Putra Mall, and that was easy too. Plenty of available bays at the basement. I took the elevator to the first floor and lucked out because the lift lobby was just beside the link bridge to WTC. Plenty of signage, with stickers on the floor, and some on the ceiling. A short walk later, I arrived at the main entrance. Traffic flow into the vaccination center was not as smooth as I expected because they required an updated health assessment to be done in the MySJ app. And so people were standing around the entrance tapping their phones, with the RELA personnel needing to give instructions on what to do. There were three stations which basically meant three lanes. My station was pretty clear compared to the others, not too sure what's the difference. The appointment dates were validated a couple of times before reaching the first waiting area, which was basically long rows of chairs. Row by row, we were instructed to ascend to the fourth floor, where we stopped at another waiting area. Had to check-in again on MySJ for the vaccination center which was in Dewan Merdeka (the earlier check-in at the main entrance was for WTC). Before entering the hall, we had to run the gauntlet of the portraits past and present UMNO presidents. The most nauseating paintings were at the at the entrance of the hall-- "Enam Negarawan" and the updated "Tujuh Negarawan" with Najib Razak. 

Dewan Merdeka

In Dewan Merdeka, we filled in the vaccination form while playing musical chairs. If you're very heavy-handed when writing, you would probably puncture the paper if you do not use a clipboard. And the paper was waxy, making it a pain to fill up. Some poor guy at the front kept yelling out numbers although there was display panel at the front. And I don't know why he didn't use a hailer. Batch by batch, we moved to the consultation area based on the reference number on our vaccination form. Our identity cards were verified there. Medical consultations were performed by doctors, two or three people at once. Quite close quarters, and there was no privacy. The Korean girl who was at the same table as me told the doctor that she is allergic to coconuts! Poor girl. Malaysia is a Santan state. Signed the vaccination form the doctor as my witness. Moved on to the vaccination booths. The male nurse who vaccinated me looked pretty drained. I observed the whole process, from the point he extracted 0.5ml of the vaccine from the vial to the point he pumped the whole payload into my arm. A very slight pain. Then I scanned mini QR code which was the batch details of my vaccine. The last phase was observation. The staff passed out handwritten vaccination appointment cards. Nobody kept track of the time, so we just left by ourselves. I did not take the compulsory post-vaccination photo at the booth.

Raya 2021

The exit jam-packed with people. Don't know what they are doing there. And many refused to park properly, choosing to illegally park by the roadside. Walked back to Sunway Putra Mall to loiter a bit since I had the license to gallivant. Bakery- boring. Coffee Bean- boring. Go Noodle House- boring. Nando's- boring. KFC- boring. Cold Storage- boring. Left the mall empty-handed except for the vaccination freebies of 100Plus, mango juice, shower cream, and shampoo. The isotonic drink was from the vaccination center, the rest were from the mall. I felt fine right up till bedtime. Just a little sore in the arm. The next day, I worked as usual although I did run a little temperature. Took some paracetamol after lunch and my temperature subsided. It wasn't a normal fever because I didn't feel giddy or unwell. That was about it for my side effects. Thank goodness nothing severe.

Comments

Derek said…
You take so much of my Nuskin products already .. Must be fine lo! Hehe
Ernest said…
Congrats! That's lots of freebies compared to us poor sods across the Causeway! When's your second? Apparently drinking coconut water helps to neutralise the heatiness of the vaccine. I took lots of it and did not run a temperature with my Pfizer jabs ...
William said…
@Derek:
Yeah lo.

@Ernest:
Pfizer is USD20. AZ is USD4. Got some budget left over for freebies. LOL.
Ernest said…
@William
Oh yes! There should be some left over for Spanish fly too!!
William said…
@Ernest:
You don't need Spanish Fly la!

@Twi:
One more dose to go!
Jaded Jeremy said…
No freebie for me. Not even water. Hopefully your second dose goes well too. Fyi, unlike others, fewer people got any side effects from 2nd dose compared to 1st dose and among those who got side effects, the effects were less severe too. Statistics shown at least in Australia, and in Ban's household.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?