Singapore Business I: Family Affairs

The last time I met KH was during CNY. In those long months, we merely communicated via SMS and phone calls. Sometimes an e-mail or two. And the even rarer but meaningful surprise greeting cards in the mail. In those long months, we missed each others' physical presence immensely. Whatever snuggling, cuddling, hugging and kissing had to be done via abstract means that although serves the purpose, but it onviously doesn't quite cut it. To connect, one had be there in person. Hence, to avoid exhaustion in the relationship, I visited KH during a weekend in June. We were both extremely busy (with uncertainties in my work schedule, my sister's delivery due date, KH's exam and work), but we both welcomed the reunion. Things were much easier this time round as KH had already moved in to stay with Jaded Jeremy. No more yappy dog and weirdness around KH's ex-landlord's family. We got to be ourselves.

The night I arrived at Singapore, was supposed to watch "The Hulk" with KH and Co. (Anson, James, Roman, Jeremy, Benji, Riven), but due to unforeseen circumstances, we scrapped that plan. Jeremy picked me up from the bus station and brought me to Bugis Juction where the rest were already waiting. Anson and Roman queued for 45 minutes to get a place at MOF (Ministry of Food). I never bothered to queue long at a place, but it seems to be the norm at Singapore. I was told that since I was coming, everyone made a concerted to make an appearance. So flattered. Thanks guys. In my opinion, food was good, but definitely not queue-for-45-minutes good. LOL. Had Tan-Tan Ramen (nice, porky goodness) and KH had a beef sukiyaki set where the NZ beef slices were dipped into raw egg after being cooked in a hot pot. Post-dinner activities had us at Liang Siah Street having tong sui. Had my first taste of walnut paste. Cam-whored a little (a family portrait as Anson put it, :)) and and we all went our separate ways.

Jeremy's place was really nice. Cosy and airy. Had a good look at his collection of anime and Transformers figurines too. :). Also witnessed the banter between KH and Jeremy. The cute bickering and clash of lifestyle. The mutual accusations of OCD. Weirdness against weirdness (hehe) A real test of friendship. To be a friend is easy, but to live together can be a challenge. Hehe.

The day ended with me in KH's arms...

Comments

Cheryl said…
Oh... I miss the trip! :(
Jaded Jeremy said…
Glad that you like my place. It would have been better if you just agree that taicho is the weirder nut ;-)
savante said…
Clash of lifestyle?

So how did jeremy decorate the place?
Legolas said…
I don't really know what to say... except for it's a lot easier staying with someone who knows we're gay.
William said…
@Cheryl:
Plan with Apollo!

@Silencer:
:)

@JJ:
Shobu!

@Savante:
That's putting it mildly. Don't worry, takkan mengalahkan your place!

@AhB:
Don't miss POD meh? :P

@Legs:
Yes, it is.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho