NZX


collageNZX
Swiped from williamnyk.
Ah Zon and I met randomly (pardon the Lingua Facebook) on the blogosphere and he has since become like a little brother. Nearly everyday we would chat and at times, he would share his problems and I would share mine. A very songsang kind of relationship. I am the older one who wants to look younger and he is the younger one who wants to look older. So far I've only met him twice in person, and the last time we met was at Crystal Jade La Mian, Lot 10. Had lunch with SK, Apollo and QueerR. My first time there. I ordered sliced noodles with stewed beef. The noodles are actually sliced from a piece of dough and the slashes are apparent. However, it was too firm and the gravy a little too thick, but the meat was tender though. Also ordered some xiao long bao and Kenz enlightened us on the finer points of handling and enjoying the little soup-filled pork dumplings (didn't know he was a food expert AND a picky eater). It was quite nice actually. QueerR ordered cold noodles with SzeChuan beef and it had quite a refreshing taste. SK ordered radish pastry and it was really-really piping hot. No food pics here, you can check out QueerR's blog.

Apollo and QueerR left after lunch for some geek shopping at Low Yatt. whereas Kenz, SK and I continued on to explore Lot 10, but were kinda disappointed with the bargains, but mostly I'd complain about the lack of bargains. We ended the day at The Pavillion, window shopping. Found out that a pair of Paul Frank Butt-Huggers (briefs) costs a whopping $69.90. Left after a bit. Had dinner at home, and went out to Ara Damansara to meet an ex-F6 classmate to get some beauty products from his wife. Nearly out of cleanser and toner. Smack dab outside his apartment is Niu Ze Xui (Bull Wagon Water?! A real place in Singapore...). A commercial area that kinda looks like a posh Petaling Street meets Chatujak Market. Not fully-enclosed, but has air-conditioning. You can find Big Apple Donuts and Starbucks Coffee there among the little kiosks and stalls. Occupancy is around 50%, but it already has a semi-carnival atmosphere with the looming CNY. Along the main road are numerous fake sakura trees that have LEDs attached to every blossom, creating a very cheery atmosphere at night. Very promising but I foresee massive traffic and parking problems... but that's just true about anyplace worth visiting in KL. SK bought me a cute T-shirt from a kiosk there called Tee Diet. Looks like I have a pair of giant headphones around my neck (I think I've seen Ryonn wearing something like that). Kinda expensive, but they did throw in an Audrey Hepburn button badge... hehe.

Comments

Jason said…
I saw the banner on Niu Zhe Xui too but no idea where was that. And I thought it's a place in HK :P
Little Prince said…
new shop...?
thats horror news.
my wallet and i are on fattening program.
Cheryl said…
Ah Zon .. another cute "collection" of mine. Like him :) Haha... cant wait to see his other half... cuter than any of my collection. :P
Medie007 said…
where is niu ze sui wor?
nyonyapenang said…
Aiyah...that NZX place....now belum fully opened and already the parking ada problem liao. And the signage to that place.....that's another issue.
Anonymous said…
Confirm that Station One will Grand Opening there ! They Going to start Renovation.

I like the Enviroment there, very nice feeling and good place to shop.

:)
Little Prince said…
cheryl: woman. stop flaunting us humans as your collection. go get the kuali washed! HAHAHAHA!
Cheryl said…
@Daniel:MAN,his willingness to be my collection is no doubt. So don't be jealous la...:P hahaha

BTW, dear... u sounds a bit "aunty" le... but they did throw in a badge.. haha
William said…
@JasonJr:
Yeah, banners on the LDP.

@DanielH:
Haha, give up la...

@Cheryl:
Have you checked out his friendster profile?

@AhB:
The map is in the pic.

@Nyonya:
Yeah, memang luin sui.

@Anon:
What's special about Station One?

@Queer:
Geek?
Jaded Jeremy said…
Niu Zhe Xui in Singapore is actually Chinatown, or at least in Chinatown. My relatives usually refer Chinatown as that.

Think there is a board explaining the origin of the name somewhere in Chinatown.
I think they got the romanised chinese wrong big time!!!

shouldn't it be -
niu che sui?
William said…
@JJ:
Thanks!

@Kaki.Ayam:
Welcome. I think the did it on purpose. NZX sounds so much cooler.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho