Pass the Test

KH, my significant other gave me this parable the other day:

"You've done well in your STPM, and so you secured a place in university. It's now your first year and you're slacking off. Not working hard for your final exams. You may still have time to catch up, but to succeed, you must start to work hard..."

No need to scratch your heads. I'm not going back to school. It has to do with a personal battle of my own.

The exam is my Mother.

The syallabus is the Truth.

I find it real ironic that my situation is likened to that of a boyfriend being pressured into introducing the girlfriend to the parents. He loves her, but parents object to their union. Typical Sunday afternoon Hindi movie fare. But there is a difference. KH has met my mother. And the truth not only spells acceptance for KH, but for myself as well.

I am still walking the path of daggers. I had somewhat forgotten. Thanks for reminding me, dear.

Comments

Anonymous said…
dont ever forget the reason you are fighting for this, and remind yourself of its worth.. just make sure its doesnt eat you up. And thanks for being there for me recently, means a lot..
Ganymede said…
Remember, you live for you and not for others cause in the end, only you are responsible for yourself. :)
nyonyapenang said…
some syllabus takes longer time to complete but i know your determination....you WILL pass with flying colours.
savante said…
Exams will come and go after all. Study hard :P
William said…
@Mel:
No thanks needed. You have been there for me too. And plan to, for a long time to come.

@QueerR:
Yes, we make our own choices.

@NyonyaP:
Haha. I hope so.

@IkanB:
The sooner the better. But we all have our own pace, our crcumstances, our excuses.

@Savante:
Thanks, doc.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho