Art of War

For those of you who know me personally (for those of you who have a glimpse of my personal life through my cryptic posts, I salute thee for sensing the problems that I'm in, or if you don't get what write at times, that's cool too as ignorance is bliss. We have enough of our own shit.), you would know that these past couple couple of weeks have been a bit tumultuous for me and my mum in terms of our relationship. Our disagreement on the way I live one part of my life is a bone of contentment between us. And the problem is not made easier by the fact that we live under the same roof. Be it as it may, we have reached a stalemate for the time being. But I like to see it as the calm before the storm. As Leggie asked the other day:

Leggie: So, how's the war going?

Me: What war?

Leggie: The War of the Worlds.

Me: Oh. THAT. I'm still placing my troops. And she's doing the same.


It's not like I have to portray my mother an an enemy general, but it's a game we have to play, I guess. It's not a war that I want to win. I don not want to crush the opposing forces like bugs in dust. I do not want to pillage and conquer. I just want the whole issue to play out over the table of peace. And given time, I'm sure it's not just a dream.

Comments

Derek said…
How very true. War doesn't bring anyone any good. Best if both sides retreat, sit down and have a cup of tea and enjoy life ;P

*hugs*
Vengelyne said…
New template. Nice.

You should put up a new pic of yourself to go with the new blog feel. *wink*

No war is good, especially one with your parents. I've been through that path soooooooooo many times and as soon as one is settled (or swept under the rug is more like it), another one erupts. Still, amidst all the gunfire and smoke, there is still love in the air. That's why they're family! :)

Btw, it's your turn to reply the email. I'm waiting.
MrBunnyBan said…
Tea! Tea is always good. Chocos too. Does your mum like chocos? Maybe a peace offering of flowers or a pet rabbit? :p
Apollo n Hermes said…
Ban... you so CUTE... later the mum allergy with you BULU then how? lagi teruk... :P

emmm i think God will lead you to the way and make the things right.

PUSH: Pray Until Something Happen...

FROG: Fully Rely On God
Ganymede said…
I wish you best of luck to you.
nyonyapenang said…
hope all ends well with a big hug. :)
Little Prince said…
eh i tot your war ended de...

i have the similar war... thank god i'm paris... HAHAHA...

so i complain to my god-ma... oh i'm such a diva...
we have no spoken to one another for... erm... 4 months? and we live in the same house... WA KAKAKAKAKAKAKA... i loves being me!

... i'm so going to hell... so... might as well be more evil... HAHAHAHAHAHA
MrBunnyBan said…
..FROG??? That's a new one to me.
savante said…
Takes time to come to a truce after all. hey, is leggie the same leggie I know?
William said…
@Derek:
Eat Pau, drink tea?

@Venge:
Hehe. People tell me too gloomy. Overcast. My Significant Other fell in love with that avatar, so I'm not changing it soon!
Yeah, family. Makes it all the more difficult. I replied liao!

@Savante:
Tidak lain dan tidak bukan your leggie lor. Everytime want to meet you also you ffk one. :P
@Ban:
Mum doesn't like chocos leh...

@Apollo:
Oi, apa bulu2. :P. Yeah, I'm trying hard to surrender my problems.

@Defiant:
Thanks. :D. You still owe me a hug.

@DanielH:
Evil Diva! Haha. Evil Shopping Diva.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho