Sabbath

Note: One week late, but biasalah... :P

Just like my Saturday, the sabbath was not a day of rest for me either. After mass, mum and I drove down to Taman Desa to meet up with KT for breakfast at A1 Steamboat. We ordered their specialty, which is the fish head noodles. Each bowl costs a whopping RM6.50 (ater several price increases), but it really is quite good. You can choose from two variants-- fried () or unfried (smooth belly meat!). You can even ask for additional rice wine if you like. Go early. They're open from 7:00am and if you go late, be prepared to wait or face disappointment. Two bowls are quite sufficient for three persons.

After the late breakfast, mum left and I followed KT's car to The Curve to celebrate David's birthday. We arrived an hour early, so we visited the flea market. Mostly girls' stuff. Could tell that KT was quite bedazzled by all the handmade accessories and other trinkets, but I guess an anorexic wallet kept her grounded. At ten before one, we met Jase and Eric.

Jase: What did you get David?

Me: A book.

Jase: Booooooring! What did you get for Robb?

Me: Robb? Oh yeah yoh.... (fuck! fuck! fuck!)


I knew that Robb was on the guest list, but I completely forgot that his birthday had just passed and I should at least get the fellow a belated birthday gift. So, I franticly went off to flea market again to find something. Wanted to get him a T-shirt in a box, but most of the decent designs were out of M size, so I decided to get him a leather bracelet instead. Not much other choices, unless he fancies bikinis or halter tops. By the time we arrived at Italianie's, most of the guests had arrived. I finally met Xavier, Savante and SenaiBoy. And another two new guys, Mark and Ren. It was also nice meeting Frankie's "gf", Leesha. Ren who is twenty but looks seventeen remarked that I look twenty two (rightly so, since I am twenty two, :P).

My entrance with KT must have really left an impact as I received an sms from across the table asking me about KT. :P. Lunch ended 4 hours later with a bill of RM608. o.O. As usual, it was quite a boisterous affair. Luckily, we were seated at the front section of the restaurant away from the other customers. But I wonder if we were annoying the hell out of the kitchen staff. Since the table was long, I had to play musical chairs in order to get to talk to everyone. Alex was trying out his brand new portrait lense, so we got some amazing photographs of the meet.

Once lunch was over, we went our separate ways. Jase, Eric, KT, Robb, Zach and I had bought tickets to Pirates of the Caribbean 3. We had one hour to kill, so we spent it at the Early Learning Center (bitching about how lucky kids these days are) and Metrojaya (rummaging through BODS swimtrunks). Since The Curve can only provide so much entertainment, we dashed over to Cathay Cineleisure. The movie was quite long-winded, but I guess pace is fine. But I really found the whole Davy Jone's Locker thing quite off key. And I reiterate here that Calypso is no help (thanks KH, DanielH and Savate).

I was hungry halfway through the movie and it only ended at 9:30pm. We headed over to the KFC at Jalan Universiti for our chicken fix. I ordered the rice combo. So Zemien, I can finally comment. The rice is quite sweet. But edible la. However, I find that the quality at KFC is getting from bad to worse. The pieces of chicken are getting smaller and smaller. I know miniaturisation is in, but not in the food business ma. And I couldn't even tell the OR from the Hot and Spicy. KFC better buck up! Later that night, KT sent me home and it was zzzzzz for me.... The end.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Such a *BUSY* but enjoyable day, dear! I will miss my Shrek 3. He wanna bring but damn expensive here. Forget about it. So,get me the DVD ar. I miss outing with u la, dear!

p/s: dear, teman me to do lots when i am back ar, need to get him stuffs. Here expensive like hell! Should be able to catch the sales heh?
Jan said…
Yeah, my wallet~ so shitty lar, this week~ Now only I realize, being broke is a BAD thing to happen on anyone~ I miss my allowance that is always banked in by mum punctually.
MrBunnyBan said…
What's with the pic of the crab? Why not a pic of something cuddly like baby tigers or bear bears?

Looks like you had a good time. :)
Pluboy2 said…
albeit 1 week late :)
Pluboy2 said…
albeit 1 week late :)
savante said…
Had a fun time the other day :) Pretty sure david would enjoy your book, whether or not he actually does all the exercises. There's always the man candy.
daniel henry said…
... food... food... crab... CRAB!!!
Ganymede said…
You zoomed through the whole events pretty fast...

Not enough mentioning of me le...
William said…
@SK:
By the time you come back no more sales loh... Shrek 3 is quite short wor. Mel went and watch already.

@KT:
She'll start banking in Parkson vouchers for you.

@Ban:
Picture of a bunny?

@PluB:
I already stated at the start la. :P

@Savante:
I love gifts with dual uses. :P

@DanielH:
You sound like you're gonna recommend a crab joint... mana?! mana?!

@QueerR:
Frankie. Frankie. Frankie. Frankie. Frankie. Frankie. Frankie. Frankie. Frankie. Happy?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?