Reclaim my Weekends


Unruly hair
Swiped from tanakawho.
Saturdays have started to be a very sienz affair for me. Perhaps right up till August, I will have to be in the office on Saturdays. Just too see things through. To stare at a resource-hungry Gantt chart that cannot be fulfilled in the current timeline. I already have my people working on concurrent tasks. And the delivery dates are ridiculous. It's not like people can have Core 2 Duo CPUs to move things along. And yet my Project Managers keep on asking about the percentage completed. Just quote any number you like la... I couldn't be bothered.

Whenever I work on weekends, I try to get into the office as early as possible (sacrificing some sleep in time) so as to be able to clock my minimum of 5 hours and leave. Last Satuday was not different. After my boss treated me lunch at Old Town Kopitiam, Central Market, I cabut.

I had a couple of hours to kill before my appointment with my hairstylist, so I dashed off to Suria KLCC for some shopping (as opposed to Frankie's invitation for questionable activities at his Ampang abode). Well, it turned out to be window shopping. No good bargains (read: where's the 70% off?!). I left in under an hour and headed off to Snips, Plaza OUG to look for my stylist, KK.

KT, my new mei was also bored out of her skull, so she decided to tag along with me to hair salon. Preying on certain insecurities and playing the vanity card, KK managed to convinve KT do a hair treatment while waiting for me to get my hair dyed. Yes, I've officially dyed and gone to heaven. A more natural colour this time (a copper-brown kind of thing, no specifics here, colour-blind blogger), as opposed to my semi-blonde locks from the last time. I don't want anymore comments that I look like Louis Koo left out in the sun too long. Anyway, no haircut at all. He didn't want to cut. He wanted another month of hair growth. It's all starting to get quite unruly. Wonder if I can tahan looking like I have clump of grass or mop on my head. My hair turned out quite dry (can you imagine your hair clumping together, unmoving when you try to wash your hair?) after the dye so I had to recondition it. Urgh.

We finished at 7:00pm, just in time for dinner at Serdang. SOme kind of fund-raiser in conjuction with DAP Serdang Bharu's 40th Anniversary celebration. It was held in a Chinese school and it was typical opposition function. Lotsa uncles. Lotsa meat dishes (imagine downing chicken, duck, fish and pork in one sitting). Lots of politically-charged speeches in Hakka. The language is already boisterous enough and we had to endure a table just a few feet away from the speakers. Pengz. Lotsa karaoke. The food was lousy. We left just before dessert, so we ended up at Sweet Bean Station, Seri Petaling to look for our sugar high.

We were looking through the menu and I noticed KT had a wild look to her eyes. Like a kid in a candy store. Like a tai-tai with a platinum card in hand. After telling her what I wanted, I went to the little boys' room. Upon coming out, I found out that she had ordered 4 types of tong sui. *rolls eyes*. Peanut paste. Black sesame glutionous rice balls in ginger soup (the ginger soup is fabulous!), Eggdrop soup with waterchestnut and corn and boiled cola with ginger. You can see that ginger was the only recurring theme-- I was trying to settle my tummy. We left before midnight (had to pry her hands from the menu, :P) and I sent KT home before picking up mumsy and heading home myself.... So pooped. And one would think that weekends are for rest and relaxation...

Comments

Ganymede said…
Uh what's so questionable about my activities in my house wo...

Its only rape, orgy and all to your lust desires ma...
Little Prince said…
oh i'm offended! what you mean pengz! hakka so hard to tahan meh!
cis!
hahahaha
Derek said…
I know, so busy everyday, weekdays somemore ...

I had a busy weekend as well. Spent so much money! ;P
Jan said…
The tong sui is really nice~ I've been telling everyone about it and hopefull they will go with me~ :p must try sesame paste next time~ and also the steamed egg~ plus pumpkin custard~ and some other kuih~~ omg, I wanna go now~
MrBunnyBan said…
Wah...that's a lot of tong sui. Sure must go little boy and girls room again soon after that. :P
Vengelyne said…
Oh, I know which tong sui shop you are talking about. I don't like the things they serve there. It's either too sweet or so not tasty. I always leave the shop discontented!

Btw, I'm back to the blogosphere. *hint hint* My comeback post is boring, but that's cos I'm rusty. Ha!
Anonymous said…
my weekends are so predictable, and mundane too..:)its always movies, mamaking or dvds and then waking up at 7.30 am for mass on sundays.. sigh, how I miss UNI days..LOL!.. p.s. I'm asking leave from boss
nyonyapenang said…
wah...can push so much in a day ar?

btw, you active in politicus jugak?
William said…
@QueerR:
Haha. Don't forget the free rubbers and lube!

@Daniel:
Opppss. Forgot that you're Hakka.

@Derek:
Spend on me! Spend on me!

@KT:
Wahlau. Booking already!

@Ban:
I went twice!

@Venge:
Yeah, actually so-so only. Welcome back!

@Mel:
Hope you can join!

@NyonyaP:
I amaze myself at times. :P. Free dinner I go lor! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho