Good Evening Bangkok


GoodEveBKK
Originally uploaded by williamnyk.

In addition to Amarin Heavenly Thai and Bangkok Expresso, Good Evening Bangkok at One Utama is the third restaurant I have visited from the SEA Cuisine restaurant chain and it does not disappoint. I was there with a bunch of colleagues to celebrate HSW's (bubbly girl who never fails to look 3 8 in her photos. Hehe.) birthday. Actually, we didn't decide on Thai food initially, we wanted to get a table a Chilli's. We didn't book a table and the lousy treatment we got from the seating staff made us decide to take our business elsewhere. The staff was really brusque: I cannot guarantee you a table for 10. If got table also ar, need separate one ar.

At the "Good Evening Bangkok", the service was really good. The head waitress attended to us and she was very helpful and humourous at all times. Our dinner consisted of Mien Kam (an appetizer of some kind of herbal leaf, chillies, dried shrimp and garlic which was really nicer than it looked), Som Tam (papaya salad), tow varieties of Tom Yam, asparagus, Kai Lan and mixed seafood in chilly oil. Our dinner party was really boisterous (drunk vikings?), and I must say sorry for ruining the ambience of the other diners. And the end of the dinner, we had cake-- a Banana Chocolate from Secret Recipe. Having stashed the cake in the restaurants chiller on arrival, I requested a waiter/waitress to retrieve it for us. He/she was really androgynous, we couldn't decide. My colleagues made a remark that the way I was talking to he/she was kinda dripping with honey and my eyes were practically leaking "electricity". And our close proximity didn't help either. Well, all that suspicion about me trying to seduce the staff didnt get us a a discount or bigger portions, but my HSBC credit card did get us a 15% discount.

When the serving staff brought the cake over, the knife they provided us with was really scary. I think it was nearly one feet long with a pointed end. The kind that has an evil glint to it. It wouldn't be hard to imagine Lorena Bobbit clutching it in her hands. A knife that could make your balls shrink. We sang the customary birthday song and I must say I was bad for accidentally blowing the candles before the birthday girl got her chance. *sheepish grin*. One colleague even sang one buddhist chant version. We all went home happy that night, and in case you were wondering the waiter/waitress didn't slip me his/her phone number. Hah!

Comments

MrBunnyBan said…
Ooo, stealing birthday wishes now. And flirting wth the waitresses and waiters too, tsk tsk!
I just posted your bathroom image!
thompsonboy said…
I thought the food was so so only ler
William said…
@Bunny:
I hope she didn't wish for bigger boobs, or something like that.

@Alex:
Thanks Alex. No remark from you this time, I too didn't have anything witty to say about that place.

@TBoy:
Half the taste was from flirting with the staff. ;P

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho