Weekend at Fraser's I

Kwoong Onn

Out of the blue, my church organized a lay leaders' retreat at Fraser's Hill. Due to the fact that it had been many years since we had such an event, I felt compelled to attend the 3-day, 2-night event. Carpooled up with several BEC members and church's assistant parish priest. Thankfully, I wasn't behind the wheel because we basically traveled from Seri Kembangan to Sungai Besi to Bandar Puteri Puchong to Kelana Jaya. At 11:00 AM, we were still in KL having lunch! At 1:30 PM, we made a short comfort stop at the sleepy town of Kuala Kubu Baru to buy some snacks. The cramped grocery store that we stopped at really rekindled memories from my childhood. Even the smell was familiar. Even the KFC was located in a pre-war shophouse. Could smell the aroma of fried chicken from across the road. Been a long time since I experienced that. 

The Pines Resort

At nearly 3:00 PM, we arrived at The Pines Resort, a very old resort built into the side of a hill. And because my unit was on the highest floor, I had to deal with a lot of stairs. Weather-wise, the place is cool and misty. With the high dampness comes lots of moss, and splotchy stucco walls. The ice-breaking activity had us setting up tents and then getting everyone to sit inside. Lovely team-building stuff hor? Later was mass, followed by dinner, and silent adoration. My roommate was a snorer, but I'm no stranger to that having been training by KH.  

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I have been dying to visit Fraser Hills or Cameron Highlands to relax and tackle my mental health issues!! 😅😅😅🙏🙏🙏
William said…
@Twi:
Go during non-peak to avoid the crowds

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?