Power to the Pets

Pet-friendly Flea Market

Seems to me that more and more places are becoming pet-friendly to attract the fur parents market segment. For those who are not in the muslim-friendly segment, have to resort to tapping on pet owners (from my observation, its more about dog owners). Cafes started this, and it has now spread to malls.  Megah Rise is one such example. Upmarket places like Plaza Arkadia and Desa ParkCity Waterfront had an earlier start, but they are more like shopping arcades rather than a shopping mall. Pets are allowed at the common areas, elevators, escalators, and most of the food and beverage outlets also allow pets inside. Even the flea market outside was pet-themed. With more and more people opting for fur babies instead of kids, I guess this makes sense for the more Chinese-centric areas. Anyway, the mall is pretty ho-hum is you discount the whole pet-friendly policy. The only reason I visited was to try the beef noodles at Lao Mao Cafe. Quite good, but the seating is really limited and they lack manpower.  

Beef Noodles

Comments

RB said…
I can live with pets in public areas, HOWEVER, the owners MUST pickup after their pets. Super annoying when I see pet waste in public areas.

Singapore has a $750 fine for people who do not pick up after their pets. I love this!

You know the saying..."everything is fine in Singapore."
Twilight Man said…
I love pets but I won't keep one. So I like these places where pets are allowed. I can meet friends and carry their dogs.
Derek said…
Want to get a pet or not? ;-)
William said…
@RB:
"everything is fine in Singapore." haha. Money is the best deterrent.

@Twi:
Same thing can be said for kids.

@Derek:
You take care, right?
Jaded Jeremy said…
Did you like the beef noodle? I like it.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?