Catholic Qing Ming 2022

Chu Cheong Fun

2022's All Soul's Day trip happened on the 29th of October. In a departure from past years, we did not have breakfast at Lorong Maharani, but went to Kedai Kopi Ah Wah instead. Lorong Maharani has already declined to a state where there's not much to eat there anymore. But we still go there to buy Nasi Kunyit for dad. Also stopped by the wet market to get flowers. 

Tombstone

Years of rain and shine had eroded the gold paint on dad's tombstone, so we had a touch up this year in addition to the regular grave sweeping, incensing, and prayer recitals. The weather was so hot during the end of October that we actually hid in a Starbucks for a couple of hours. Once we had cooled down, we headed to my maternal uncle's place. Big Monster was elated that my uncle had miku in stock. Lastly, we visited my paternal aunt, and by that time, the kids were already depleted.

Miku

Before leaving Teluk Intan, BIL suggested that we make a stop at Glutton Square for the famous yutiao at Stall 52. The place is so popular that it takes a crew of seven to handle the long queue of customers. Back in KL, BIL introduced us to another hidden gem~ Rock Cafe. A melting pot of cuisines. The Pinoy lady there makes a mean plate of Hokkien mee!

YuTiao

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I am saying once again why I like Catholics very much. You guys believe in ghosts and Qing Ming.
Twilight Man said…
Oh yes! Miku is my favourite as I like to butter the sliced miku and put inside oven toasters. So heavenly 😍😍

I cannot find miku in KL except in my hometown Penang.
William said…
@Twi:
Holy Ghost :D
Similar to Qing Ming, yet different :)

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho