Eerie Electricity

Electrician

Ever since TNB came to replace the electrical meter at my condo, I have been receiving complaints from the tenant. At night, the downlights flicker with a ghostly glow, and the power sockets light up regardless switched on or off. I made a complaint to TNB, and they sent their technicians to take a look. TNB declared that it wasn't their problem. Subsequently, I made a complaint to the management office. The chargeman took a look and declared it wasn't their problem either. Stopping short of hiring a psychic, I called my electrician to take a look. He found that the live and neutral wires were swapped at the distribution board! Amazingly, the problem wasn't obvious until TNB changed the meter. Once again I contacted the management office to sort out the problem. Of course they blamed the developer and labeled it a legacy problem. I went in person to talk to the chargeman, and it was my first time meeting my Nigerian tenant. It was a good chance to take a look at the unit after all this time, and I was satisfied by how she took care of it. In the end, I paid the chargeman to swap the wires for me in his personal capacity. So sick and tired of all the back and forth. With the problem settled, I went for a relaxing swim at the condo. XD.

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
Glad that you have a good tenant.
Twilight Man said…
This may sound like spooky problem to me! Hear mine.
The worst is when water leaks to your unit and wet all the walls & parquet flooring uprooted. I was shocked to discover that both units above and below had concealed pipes leaking at same time. Then final shock was to discover my diplomat tenant who drives an embassy number plate was from N Korea. How clever they hid the identity from my agent.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho