The Tale of Two Lines

BKT

One of Kenji's many food cravings was Klang BKT. KH recommended Links, a weird name for a BKT restaurant. A family-operated place with limited servings. Much of everything that we wanted was sold out. Argh. Garlic pun takde. Cannot brain. Just took whatever they had. Then it was shaved ice desserts at Queen of Spades, a random choice. Left Klang with some takeout-- mui choi bao from Klang Food Center, and Angcle Peoh's assam laksa

Corpus Christi Procession

KH was nursing a sore throat and he still went for heaty BKT, and ice desserts. He had already complained about a scratchy throat during our Friday dinner date. Other than that, he seemed OK. On Sunday, mum and I attended a Corpus Christi procession on the church grounds. The last procession we had was before the pandemic, and the route involved public roads and the adjacent housing estates. 

Jap

On Monday, I too had a bit of a scratchy throat. Didn't think much about it, and met up with Tater and Ray for dinner at JJJ Ya. The ice-cold Suntory beer did make me feel better. Went to office on Tuesday, and felt really smashed. Super low battery. Started to get feverish in the evening, so I got myself tested for COVID. One line. On the other hand, KH was already feeling better, and his test results were never positive. 

RTK

Skipped work, and continued to test. For fun, I used LabNovation instead of the usual Sejoy RTK. To my surprise, two lines appeared! Shit. Switched back to Sejoy, and there was only one line. F*ck. In case it was a fluke, I tested using another brand, Wondfo. Two lines. Finally accepted the fact that I was COVID positive (and that Sejoy is useless). Began my quarantine and started messaging the people whom I met recently. Felt like I was informing sex partners after getting VD test results from the sexual health clinic. Zzz......

P.S.: Who do you think I got it from?

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
From someone during your Friday dinner date.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho