KTV Dinosaur

Karaoke

All of a sudden, my colleagues were busy trying to arrange a karaoke session. Turns out that it was triggered by the fact that there was a junior staff who had never experienced a karaoke session in his life. Maybe he thought its like those hostess clubs. His manager was committed to making sure that he lose his KTV virginity during his farewell party. The event was rescheduled once before due to a COVID infection spike, but in the end, it happened, and even my CEO attended. We booked a room at Loudspeaker, Sri Petaling. Pretty basic furnishing, but seems popular. I can't even remember my last KTV session, but it was probably during the height of the Neway era. Back when I was working near SOGO, we would often have a LONG lunch and KTV at Redbox Ria. Some of the most obvious advancements I noticed were on the KTV system. The large touchscreen makes selecting and shuffling songs much more intuitive. According to my colleague, some systems allow the use of mobile apps and personalized playlists so that you don't have to key-in your favourite songs during every visit. Talk about convenience. I also noticed the standing microphone out front for popstar wannabees. My colleague commented that the mic smelled bad! Ewww. Guess they don't clean it. As usual, my playlist consisted of Teresa Teng, ABBA, and The Carpenters. Also sang some classic Siti Nurhaliza numbers with a younger colleague. Halfway through, we changed the room because the air-conditioner died. Mission accomplished. One of the rare work gatherings. Wonder if I will 'sing K' again anytime soon.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho