Are You Leaking?

Leak in Boot

Been noticing something weird about my car:

  1. Musty smell
  2. Water droplets form easily on the interior glass surfaces
  3. On hot days, my glasses fog up the moment I get into the driver's seat
Definitely a leak. The carpet on the driver's side was wet, so I inspected the rubber seals on the door. Couldn't detect anything wrong with it. In the end, I brought the car to a car accessories shop. The guy checked the boot instead and found signs of water seepage. He theorized that the water flowed from the boot to the front seat. That would explain why my experiments of drenching the car door didn't reveal any leaks. I asked him if he could fix it. From the way I hear it, he wants to charge me RM1,200 for cleaning the seats and carpets, removing any rust, and fix the leak (if he can find it). I'll take a raincheck on that. 

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
So what did you then do?
J said…
I go to a whole different place when I see or hear leaking. :P
I hope the problem has been rectified!
luke! said…
I'm waiting for the updates on this: so have you found where the leak is? :)
William said…
@J:
The effect is intended. :P

@Luke:
Thanks for dropping by. I'll update in a few more months hopefully. Hahaha.
Twilight Man said…
You can put RM1200 into the downpayment of another car!
Perhaps you can find Malay car workshops as the recent floods had many cars towed in and they charged reasonably.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?