Rice, O Rice

Korean Grill

Cutiepie and I have celebrated each other's birthdays since our undergraduate days in University Malaya. 2022 is no different, except that there're kids in tow now. I kind of made a mistake of choosing Hoya as the dinner venue. Her kids were shocked by the Korean cuisine!  To normalize the meal for them, we ordered some ramyun (but it was all spicy), and rice. One would think that it's easy to get rice, but not at Hoya. Took five requests for the rice to come. The poor kids were starving because the grilled meat and banchan looked so alien to them. The whole dinner felt like a mess. Next year I'll book a table at a nice Chinese restaurant. :D.

Agwa Cocktail

The kids were still hungry, and the adults were thirsty, so we went to the nearby Uncle Don's. The kids were happy with their soda and French fries (but truth be told, I don't know how they can screw this up), while the adults got their cocktails.

Blessed birthday to my Sahabat Skandal!

Comments

Twilight Man said…
This got me thinking. I also noticed local friend's kids are not fond of Korean food while in Seoul, another story lah. Now my Korean & Japanese visitors are not fond of certain Malaysian food too.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho