Don't Stress Them Out

My Pandemic Diary: 2020-03-22

By the time my work handover started, there was only one month left. It was a funny affair really. My work was handed over to a bunch of people, and even so, it had to be done carefully as not to 'stress them out' (wise words from my COO). In my career, nobody ever cared if I would be stressed out whenever I was on the receiving end of a handover. Another funny thing was that the person leaving had to chase for the handover. In my opinion, if you 'don't have the time', then its not my problem. My handovers continued right up to my last working day. I made sure to document all the sessions, and also left as much documents as possible on Confluence. The first colleague I told about my departure was also leaving. She tendered her resignation a month after me. She made it a point to like all the pages I authored on Confluence-- "no one would read it anyway".  An inside joke between us. Anyway, it was great to unload all that had accumulated over the years. Time for someone else to pick it up. And a chance for me to to pick up something new instead. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho