Bye, Felicia!

Bye bye India

During my last two weeks at my old company, I tried to make sense of the exit documentation. Why so difficult right? The HR system automation sent me one variation of the forms. Payroll also emailed me. My company admin also had a long-winded email on the subject. In the end, I chose one version and had to merge all the instructions that I received, and even consult with other ex-colleagues who had run the confusing 'exit gauntlet'. Zzz.  First and foremost was assets. The systems department set an appointment with me at 11 AM on my last working day (LWD). The purpose was for me to surrender my laptop. They later changed the appointment to 3 PM (too many resignations?), but it didn't matter because I wasn't doing any real work. In the morning, I had one last handover session (*roll eyes*), then headed to the office. I arrived at 11 AM, and tried to settle some stuff with the admin department. Managed to return my insurance card (expired years ago) but I was given the run around regarding my timesheet.

Admin: HR is in charge now. Get HR to sign the exit form.

HR: No, get Admin to sign.

Go figure. At noon, an ex-colleague from another subsidiary treats me to a sundubu jjigae lunch (didn't get to meet my own colleagues as everyone was working from home). After lunch, I walked around the mall waiting for the time of my appointment. At 3 PM, the systems department guy managed to turn up late. Whatever la. I get another signature on the form. I go back to HR and hand in my door access card (they told me that they were working from home, and actually asked my to slip the card beneath the door XD). I just dumped my timesheet into the box. Screw the signature. Before submitting the exit form, I took photos. Done! Went around snapping some photos around the office, then went out the door without a glance back! Bye, Felicia!   

Comments

Arvind R.K said…
sounds like a very toxic environment, good thing you left that place

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho