Poor Pasar

DBKL Enforcement

The OUG Morning Market was still in a sad, suppressed state due to the MCO. DBKL did not allow open air markets to operate unlike the adjacent city councils in Selangor. When mum and I were there on Saturday, plainclothes enforcement officials threatened the vendors with summons and confiscation. The enforcement officers did cart away some goods much to the chagrin of the vendors. The vendors closed their stalls, and stood around grumbling about their predicament. Times had been hard for them because the situation had continued for more than a month. Some vendors rented empty shop lots, and others moved into the coffee shops. Even my favourite breakfast noodles were now operating inside OUG Lucky Restaurant. And a good crowd gathered in front of Fah Lian Trading because they were distributing food supplies to the needy. According to KH, they had been giving out groceries for a few days now. 

Food Basket Distribution

Back home, I had fun with a can of foaming agent that BIL gave me. Pretty useful to plug up the cracks in my walls to avoid another rat encroachment. A bit difficult to control because of the unpredictable expansion, but I eventually got the hang of it. 

Foaming Agent

Comments

Twilight Man said…
The pasar in my neighbourhood has opened and closed so many times due to many covid cases!!! I don't know why it must happen to pasar often. So cannot blame the authorities.
William said…
@Twi:
For KL its just a blanket ban. Even YB Seputeh had voiced out.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho