Never Settle

OnePlus 7TPro

Some time back, KH bought me a brand new OnePlus 7T Pro from an online merchant. I didn't immediately use it because migrating a smartphone is always a daunting task. When I finally switched over, I started having regrets. Here are my top grouses:

  1. Encountered two incidents of disappearing photos from my gallery. The first time it happened, I noticed that a series of food photos I took were missing. A few days later, they reappeared. During the second incident, the photos were lost forever. 
  2. Missed call notifications do not appear correctly. A disaster because my phone is often on vibrate only mode. The workaround was to use Google Dialer.
  3. The screen is always too dark because the auto-brightness sensor is out of whack.
  4. Overzealous notifications. If I try to send a video on What's App, the phone will vibrate each second for the duration of the upload. 
  5. Less than impressive battery life. 

Although it wasn't a bed of roses, there are some good things about it:

  1. A 100% display because it uses a bezel front camera, so there a no notches or punch holes.
  2. The camera is top notch, with good stabilization, unlike Huawei phones that like to ask you to hold your shot for a while. And it has a macro lens as well which is fantastic. 
  3. OxygenOS has some nifty usability features.
In the end, I embraced OnePlus' slogan of "Never Settle". KH couldn't stand my complaining and replaced the OnePlus with a pre-loved Huawei Mate 30 Pro. Am I happy with it? Well, that's another post. Haha. Really got to hand it to KH because he always finds amazing smartphone deals.  And yes, I know I'm spoiled.

Comments

Twilight Man said…
OMG!! You are like a spoilt child. Needs good spanking.
William K said…
Then I need to keep sending my complaint nonstop thru WhatsApp to him as wish I will get a new go from him. 😜
Jaded Jeremy said…
No, you're not spoilt at all. Very reasonable, in fact.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho