Fish Heads

Pusat Penjaja Muhibbah

DAP Seputeh had 3 tonnes of frozen fish heads to distribute, so they organized an event at Muhibbah PPR. The person-in-charge needed an additional photographer, so I was roped in to help. Initially, the plan was to have it at the surau, but they moved it to the food court next door (IMU volunteers were also there for a vaccine registration drive). A much better idea since it might get messy. Muhibbah has a notorious parking problem where the residents actually occupy the fast lane of the main access road. Since I had to arrive before 9 AM, finding a parking space was quite challenging. When I arrived, the trucks had just finished unloading the boxes. Each box contained roughly 10kgs of frozen  Amberjack fish heads. DAP members busied themselves with packing the fish into plastic bags, while some others were responsible for ensuring that SOPs were followed. Things started getting busier after Teresa Kok arrived. The distribution wasn't very smooth, and this surprised me because they should  be EXTREMELY experienced in such matters. By noon, I had taken a few hundred photographs of the fish head recipients. And there were plenty other smartphones in the fray. My camera was spent, and I was spent. Plenty of leftover fish heads were thawing in the sun, so we were given two boxes to distribute. 

Meatball Mixian

Mum and I had lunch at Belle Garden, Bukit Jalil City. Shared a bowl of mixian, then cooled down with a large cup of fruit tea at Zododo. Back home, we still had to settle the 20kgs of frozen fish heads. Managed to distribute some to neighbours, but many declined. It was a nightmare finding space to store the fish heads! A very long day. 

Comments

RB said…
What do you do with these fish heads? Eat them?

I'd be like your neighbors.
William said…
@WilliamK:
Most common reason: I don't know how to cook them.

@RB:
Great for fish head curry.
Twilight Man said…
I would keep all 20 kgs of fish heads for my own curry. Yums!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho