Can't Be Kanbe

Queue for Food

KH wanted to try the ramen at Kanbe, 163 Retail Park, so we had a lunch date there. We arrived at 2 PM, and the queue spanned more than two shop lots. Patiently, we joined the queue. Thankfully, I had something to eat before I came out, else I would have been hangry! Took us about half and hour to snake into the restaurant. In that time, we had decided on our orders. KH chose the Shiro ramen, their signature broth that "makes you want to come back". Pure pork bone. Not wanting something similar, my choice was on the other side of the spectrum~ kohaku tsukemen. The kohaku is combination of pork bone broth and fish stock, and it was served in a hot stone bowl. Since it was used for dipping, the broth was thick to the point of semi-coagulation. Could really taste the dried bonito, mackerel, and sardines. At the start, the waitress sent the wrong bowl of ramen to us. After we had finished taking photos, it was returned to its rightful owner, the lady at the adjacent table. She didn't reject it (would you reject it?). The table was so full that there was no space to maneuver. Could not easily swap our ramen, so we did the next best thing which swapping seats, much to the amusement of our neighbours. 

Shiro Ramen

Part 2 was drinks with Cutiepie at PowerPlant, Eko Cheras Mall. Her poor kids were sick, so she had to leave after a couple of wines. She made me a tub of kesari bath with cashew nuts which was delicious! The main ingredient is semolina, a type of coarse flour from durum wheat. Indian desserts are usually too overwhelming for me, but her version was great. Although it was just a brief meet-up, we did get to squeeze in a good chunk of  'story time'.

Kesari Bath

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
I can't remember what you told me: how was the ramen?
William said…
@JJ:
No rave reviews from me.
Twilight Man said…
I drove past that place so many times as my sister lives on that hill. I didn't know it's called 163 Retail Park. I must try it since I heard pork bone soup broth. Sure yummy.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho