The Seven Year Itch

Nissan Service

As usual, mum and I went to OUG do some morning marketing. Nothing out of the ordinary, except for the fact that my car engine sputtered and threatened to stall while idling on the parking ramp. Felt normal while on the go. Every time I stopped at the traffic light, I had a little cold sweat. For peace of mind, I made a random consultation at a tyre shop in Happy Garden. The guy suspected two things:

  1. Spark plugs
  2. Ignition coils
Since I had changed my spark plugs about six months ago, then the problem should be with the ignition coils. He gave me a rough quote, and assured me that since the problem just started, I still could drag it out a bit. On Monday, I made a trip to the Nissan service center to get it checked out. The diagnosis and the quote was similar. And while they were at it, they suggested that I change one part of the engine mounting.  

Ignition Coil

At the end of the day, I was MYR1,500 poorer, but my car ran smooth, and was much quieter. Guess my car is at the age where a lot of major items would start to require replacements. Time to budget more money for repairs. 

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
Luckily didn't fail at an inconvenient place and time.
William said…
@JJ:
Betul tu! Regular maintenance matters to reduce the possibility.
Twilight Man said…
Go buy crypto to replace your loss!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?