Hope

Keys

Signed a tenancy agreement with a Nigerian woman who entered Malaysia with a student visa. Her name is Hope. As much as I hope that she's not a troublesome tenant, the day she moved in, she already caused me to spout fire. This tenant was introduced by an agent who happens to be my BIL's friend, so I didn't intervene. All arrangements were made through the agent. One day, I received a call from my management office:

MO: Hi, your tenant is at the main entrance with her moving truck. But we can't let her in because she does not have a tenancy agreement.

Moi: (of course she bloody doesn't have the tenancy agreement because I haven't signed it!)

The agent was not contactable, so I called my BIL. He told me that the agent was supposed to settle it, and that I should ignore the whole debacle. Ignore? Wow. That really floored me. In the end, the management office allowed her to move in with an e-mail approval from me. To me, the agent was problematic for not answering calls. And the tenant was also problematic for being so gung ho about moving in. A few days later, I met the agent, and he told me not to pick up any more calls because he told my tenant that I'm not in the country. He would front it. Let's see then. I hope, and hope, and hope, that there will be no more dramatic situations like that. 

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
"...he told me not to pick up any more calls because he told my tenant that I'm not in the country..."
Huh? Why?
Twilight Man said…
Welcome to the landlord's nightmare club. You have seen and heard my stories. Yours is really ant bite to me. LOLOL
William said…
@JJ:
So that she doesn't bother me.

@Twi:
Yes, I remember your PRC tenant story. I just heard another landlord nightmare story. A certain Datuk Seri on the run had a last registered address in Puchong. The police went around breaking in to 'random' units in the condo. My friend is the landlord of one of the units. His tenant had to move out because the police put barrier tape on the units that they entered.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?