CNY2021: Lockdown Lunar New Year

Lou Sang

Malaysia was still in the tight grip of the pandemic, so the international borders were still closed. For the first time, my brother was not home for reunion dinner. He was stuck in Singapore, ordering take out for dinner with his flat-mates, Although my brother couldn't make it, we were joined by SK. The Tribe organized their own reunion hotpot dinner, and KH ate with his parents. Since last year. he had wanted us to have a joint reunion dinner. I didn't agree in 2020, and this year, the SOPs answered on my behalf. On the eve of the Chinese New Year, I was busy outside washing the cars, cleaning the carpets, and vacuuming the interiors, while mum was busy in the kitchen preparing dish after dish of yummy food. By the time I was done, I felt that the sun had nearly fried my brains. 

Prawns and Scallops

Although there was only three of us, that never stopped mum from cooking up a feast. Here's what we had on the table:

  1. Pepper pig stomach soup
  2. Fried Threadfin
  3. Steamed Cod
  4. Pan-fried scallops and prawns
  5. Ginger stewed duck
  6. Roast pork (from SK's friend)
  7. Lou sang with salmon sashimi and jellyfish (from SK's friend)
  8. Roast duck (bought)
  9. Stewed fish maw (bought)
Can't believe that three of us actually finished a full-sized lou sang (still managed some last minute styling to give it an ox theme). Just a little bit of everything else, and we already felt like exploding. But we weren't done for the night.... there was still a fruit platter! Abundance indeed. I gave myself an hour to let the food settle. I still had to sweep and mop the floor before the night was over! 

Happy Niu Year! 

Comments

Derek said…
Yeah lo, enough for me to eat also ...
Twilight Man said…
You make lots of money and should hire part time maids to wash, vacuum and clean everything weekly. You can even ask her to bathe and scrub your body! LOLOL

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho