Food Firsts

3 Treasures Curry Noodles

There's this legendary shop at the corner of Jalan Awan Besar and Jalan Hujan Emas 4, opposite the BHP petrol station in OUG. When I first moved to KL, it was a kopitiam for many years. Out of sudden, it transformed into a fruits shop. Not long after that, it reinvented itself into a mixed rice shop. It was very famous for charging Michelin Star economy rice prices. In it's latest reincarnation, the place is now Yi Feng, a Hainanese cafe with amazing business. Mum and I rarely ever go to that side of the morning market, so I was surprised when mum suggested we eat breakfast there. Although it was a full house with a queue at the front, we secured a table in about 15 minutes. Curry wantan noodles is one of the signature items (we had been eating curry noodles nearly every week). For best impact, I ordered the 'Three Treasures' version with siew yuk, char siew, and poached chicken. Not bad, but not a must-have. 

CEO Kitchen & Bar

In the evening, we went to CEO Kitchen and Bar at Seri Gembira Avenue. SK was hell-bent to maximize KH's Entertainer app B1F1 offers before they expire at the end of the year. Portions were small, and the cocktails mostly tasted like cough mixture. Although I didn't think highly of it, this neighbourhood bar seems to have its share of loyal clientele.  

Souffle Pancakes

A few doors away was Neighbour's Cafe Bar that specializes in souffle pancakes. It was SK's first try and she was impressed with its fluffy texture. And I found a unique cake there-- pineapple chocolate with cream cheese. Sounds weird, but it works!

Comments

Derek said…
Ooh, I haven't tried Yi Feng yet...Should I? Or the one near my house better?
Twilight Man said…
I will date Derek and bring him there ok.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho