Mystery Leak

Mystery Leak

For the past several years, my house had been plagued by a mystery leak. The problem affected the master bedroom toilet. Whenever the master bedroom water inlet was unlocked, the whole water tank would empty within a few hours with no sign of where the water went. No leaking, no ponding, nothing. Mind-boggling. Because of that, we kept the water inlet locked. Two plumbers couldn't diagnose the problem. Perhaps they thought it was too troublesome a problem, and didn't want to get involved. The third plumber we engaged pin-pointed the problem fairly quickly. When I described the problem to him, he already knew where the problem was. He lived in my area, and had already encountered similar issues at other houses. I was completely dumbfounded when he told me that the problem originated from my porch. He told me to unlock the water inlet and put my ear to the ground near a pillar at my porch. Originally that pillar had a tap which we had sealed more than a decade ago. He was right, I could hear the sound of gushing water below the cement. My assumption was that the porch tap is directly attached to the water main, but I was wrong. The water supply came from the water tank, controlled by the water inlet in the master bedroom! Screwed up developers. And so, the plumber started drilling and found the leak. The weight of the pillar had detached the pipe's connection, causing the leak. He sealed the pipe, and poured in some extra rocks to take the place of what was washed away by the leak. After so many years, my mother can finally use the master bedroom toilet normally. Sounds easy right? But it actually took me several days of chasing to get hold of this plumber. Kinda like trying to catch a rare Pokemon:

Moi: "Datang pukul berapa?"

Pumber: "Kul 11."

Moi: "Tak sampai lagi?"

Plumber: "Pukul 3 boleh?"

He arrives at 5 pm. Repeat. Oh well.

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
Goodness re leakage and plumber.
Twilight Man said…
This is quite dangerous! Luckily your house did not collapse. Remember Highland Towers case? Water from the Bukit Antarabangsa flowed beneath it.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho