Fish Don't Get Covid

MCO Crowd

SimonLover offered me a bunch of entrance tickets to Aquaria KLCC. He had bought the ticket from Klook in 2019 for his brother's family in Singapore, but they never got around to using it. With the ticket expiry looming, he offered me the tickets for free rather than letting go to waste. As part of the SOP, I had to register my visit on their website first to get a confirmation. I guess the logic is to avoid overcrowding. Having said that, they didn't check whether I had a confirmation before letting us in. Go figure. A tip for visitors : online tickets allow you to clear the gantry by scanning a QR code which is much quicker than the manual tickets.

Arapaima

Truth be told, I don't there was much social distancing in Aquaria KLCC. The crew could control the crowd in the underwater tunnel, but at the other sections, it was pretty much a free for all. My last visit to the aquarium was in 2008. Can't be sure, but I think the jellyfish lab is new.  Not sure about the other additions though. The majestic arapaimas are still my favourites, and the underwater tunnel is also mesmerizing. 

Hazukido

After the visit, BIL bought some premium croissants from Hazukido. Really delicious, and expensive, thanks to the fine French butter, Japanese flour, and ISO-certified eggs. Love the caramel pudding croissant with an artfully twisted slice of pudding in the center. An interesting combination of tastes and textures.

Prawn Mee

Our lunch was at Saku Kopitiam in Pandan Perdana. Not great, and it was kinda messy. The coffee looked great in the review, but what I got was a far cry. :(. The only good thing was the prawn noodles. 

Mr Dollar

P.S. : Before arriving at KLCC, we actually made a short detour to Maluri to visit one the very first Mr. Dollar stores. Basically an offshoot of Mr DIY, but all the products are either priced at MYR2 or MYR5. I bet some of the stuff can be found at Mr DIY too, but the big question is whether is cheaper or more expensive. Three quarters of their inventory is either snacks or junk food.  

Comments

Twilight Man said…
This Aquaria is better than the one in Langkawi.
Derek said…
Haven't visited for ages le..
William said…
@Twi:
The sea life at the Langkawi Aquarium was once wiped out.

@Derek:
Probably your last visit was with me.

@WilliamK:
Should go at least once.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho