Recovery Rush Hour


Ever since the start of the pandemic, I had stopped taking the LRT and MRT to work because Prasarana did not do any crowd control. Basically, once you're in the train, you are at risk of being crowded in. If you follow @askrapidkl on Twitter, you can see passengers Tweeting about "no social distancing?", and the official answer would be "we are running at full capacity, and it is the responsibility of the passenger to maintain social distance". I know the reality is that those inside won't get out because the train is too packed. And those outside will still board if the train is already like a can of sardines. So, it's basically ride at your own risk. Since I have the option of driving, I started doing that. And the good thing is, I could share the parking because I have a colleague who stays nearby, and we are actually on alternating teams. At the end of every week, we would pass each other the parking disc. But driving definitely comes its own set of challenges. Going to work is actually quite bearable. About an hour from my place in Taman Puncak Jalil to Petaling Jaya. But the rush hour home is the killer, especially when it rains! Anything less than 90 minutes is considered fast. On bad days, I can practically watch Netflix. Once, I was stuck on the Kerinchi Link ramp heading down to Federal Highway (MV) for more than an hour. Hardly moved. It was just crazy. That experience made me avoid that route for a long time. Better to leave later I guess... 

P.S. : So no LRT or MRT Celebrities lorrrrrrrrrr! 

Comments

RB said…
90 minute commute?? That's insane. Can't you take the LRT on the off hours and be careful to stay distanced? How long would the commute take you on the metro?
William said…
@RB :
Door to door, the commute by train is roughly 2 hours, and I still need to drive to the station. 90 minutes on the road is crazy right? That's why there are many crazy people on KL's roads.
Twilight Man said…
Yes it is wiser to leave later and live longer!

I thought I took MRT several times and it was quite empty even during rush hour. Maybe different route.
William said…
@Twi :
MRT is much better than LRT!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho