Habis HP

Taman Wawasan

Paid off the last of my hire purchase loan in July. The end of the term was in July, so obviously I didn't take the moratorium. I decided to collect the vehicle ownership certificate by myself since it wasn't that far away. First time ever, I visited the Public Bank building at Jalan Sultan Sulaiman. It was a landmark for me during my early days in KL because I would pass by it on my way to Holy Rosary Church. FYI, it served as the Public Bank headquarters before the completion of the current building at Jalan Yap Kwan Seng. Another interesting point is the plaza outside the building called Taman Wawasan that houses various public art installations. It was also the home of "Puncak Purnama", a sculpture by National Laureate Datuk Syed Ahmad Jamal. It was defaced by DBKL in 1996, and demolished in 2016. Caused quite a stir in the arts scene.

Really could feel and smell the building's age. The elevator's control panel was so retro. When I entered the hire purchase department, it was obvious that the place had not been renovated in years. Maybe Public Bank is trying to preserve a type of operational heritage. LOL. Anyway, the bank officer at the counter was very polite, and I got the necessary documents in the less than ten minutes. That's one less thing to pay every month!  

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
Congrats! Phew, feel good to be free of debt.
William said…
@JJ:
Spared up some income
Twilight Man said…
Hmmm... What a lucky devil.
William said…
@Twi:
Luck has nothing to do with it. :D

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?