Easing In

The New Normal : Lift Buttons

Starting the 1st of June, my company started loosening the work-from-home policy and encouraged employees to return to the workplace. A staggered approach was chosen, with two teams taking turns on a weekly rotation. I was Team A, so I got to experience firsthand the new normal. 

The New Normal : Lift Floor

The biggest change on my part was that I no longer took the train to work. The trains were too risky in my opinion. In the early phases, traffic was excellent. Entering my office area required a temperature check at the boom gate. Funny thing was, the procedure was mandatory for the driver, not the passengers. Big loophole huh? The lift buttons were covered with plastic and supposedly sanitized periodically. Never once did I see anyone cleaning the buttons. And since the lifts were tiny, only two persons were allowed at any given time. Entering the office, I had to register and do another temperature check. I didn't wear a face mask in the office (surgical mask : no, fake smile : yes). Hand sanitizers were placed at strategic locations, and the cleaners had specific instructions to sanitize the commonly touched surfaces, like the photocopy machine, door handles, etc. And of course we had to sit a bit further from each other, but during lunch time, we still grouped together to blow water. So much for that. 

Comments

Derek said…
Yup .. New normal plus old norms...

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho