Driver Discount

AXA Flexi Drive

Been using AXA motor insurance since the day I got my Almera. Recently, AXA launched something called FlexiDrive, a telematics based insurance policy. Basically one needs to install a device in the car that monitors the driving pattern. Discounts are earned based on the driver's behaviour :
  1. Harsh Driving
  2. Overspeeding
  3. Mileage
The quantum of the discount is viewable from a mobile app, and can be used to offset next year's premium. A good way to instill customer loyalty. And beneficial for me because my mum doesn't speed, and my car has really low mileage. 

The installation of the device was performed at one of their registered dealers for free. I just needed to pay a refundable MYR50 MYR70 deposit. The black box was hooked up to my car battery in just five minutes. The package can actually be upgraded for anti-theft features, but that requires a monthly subscription. 

Note : After three months, I've earned MYR21 in discounts. :D

Comments

RB said…
We have this in the US for many years now, but I never did it.

MYR21!! Will that buy you a dinner?
William said…
@RB :
Yeah, a decent meal in a cafe. That's just the first 3 months.
Derek said…
Hmm, my installation is RM70 de.

William said…
@Derek:
Opps, it was RM70.

@JJ:
Something different kan?
Twilight Man said…
This is something new and worth pondering.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?