Wesak Work

Wild Yeast

Due to work commitments, I had to make a visit to my office on Wesak Day to collect the company Macbook because my colleague needed it for iOS app development. The elevators were disabled, so I had to use the stairs to get to the sixth floor. Opening up the office revealed a snapshot of the day before the Malaysian Government announced that Movement Control Order. The waster paper baskets were full, hand sanitizers were on the counters, and the biggest surprise waited for me in the toilet. For some reason, algae started growing in the toilet bowl. Brown sludge crawled from the rim, down to the stagnant blue water's edge. Yuck. I quickly collected what I needed, locked the doors, armed the security system, and made my way out.

Sourdough

Before going home, I made a short bread run. First was the sourdough from Wild Yeast, and secondly was the kouign-amann from Bakery La. Truth be told, I'm not crazy about sourdough. I much prefer the sinfully buttery kouign-amann. Goes so well with a cup of black coffee. 

Kouign-amann

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho