IWD2020

Kurobuta Katsu with Cheese 

International Women's Day is celebrated on the 3rd of March, highlighting the importance of women's rights, and achievements. I remember that it was a Sunday, and I brought mum, the most important woman in my life, out to lunch at Ichiriki, The Gardens Mall. Our full pork lunch began with a decadent kurobuta katsu topped with grated cheese. Next came a belly-warming pot of motsunabe, filled to the brim with minced pork balls and tender pig stomach. Extremely satisfying. As the day wore on, it rained quite heavily. Mum and I stopped for a cup of latte at Jaya Grocer. As luck would have it, I bumped into my primary schoolmate from Kuantan there. 

Signature Pork Ribs

That was IWD lunch. IWD dinner was arranged with my mum's friend, whose son is one of the founding partners at Down To Bones. Guess the pork theme from lunch continued right through to dinner! She treated us to a nice dinner of signature pork ribs, and mushroom soup. I noticed that they have a new variety of pork ribs now that is coated with crushed Super Ring. Quite adventurous. From DTB, we hopped over to DSR Dessert Parlour just across the road. The owner owns an orchard in Bentong, so everything on the menu is inspired by what he plants. Durian, passion fruit, and ginger are the stars. I ordered passionfruit juice, and boy was it full of flesh! Mum had a durian cendol, not my cup of tea! 

Passion Fruit Juice

Comments

Derek said…
Hmm, i should try this DSR place.
William said…
@Derek:
A quiet place to talk.

@TBoy:
Something went wrong with my old layout.
William said…
@TBoy:
Susah la, I need a web designer.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho