Rats, My Router Died


D-Link Wireless Router

Felt that my Wi-Fi router was a bit wonky. The plug didn't connect well in my Belkin 4-gang extension. Some movement might cause my Wi-Fi router to lose power. I tried to move things around a little, I heard some sizzling and that was the end of my Wi-Fi router from Maxis. Not only that, the particular power socket in the extension also died. 

Lesson 1 : Don't stick a two-pin plug into a three-pin socket without a proper adapter. Don't be tempted to stick a pen into the socket, and then push the plug in. 

Lesson 2 : You can't connect your laptop directly to the TM Unifi modem and expect to get an internet connect. A router is necessary. 

So I had to live without Wi-Fi for a few days while waiting for my new D-Link router to arrive. While lugging it home from the office, a well-meaning fellow passenger on the LRT commented that I should have gotten Asus instead. I took note of his suggestion. 

Although I had the replacement on hand, I couldn't set up the new router immediately because I did not know the credentials and the settings. I had to wait another day in suspense waiting for Maxis to call me. Luckily the setup was pretty painless and I regained my Wi-Fi connectivity. Yay, back to downloading gay torrents!

Comments

Twilight Man said…
Too hamsap until it died.
Aiden said…
I was looking to buy the same router earlier this year. But they didn't have stock so I ended up buying the DIR-878. No problems so far.
William said…
@Twi:
No lo... electrical problem.

@Aiden:
This is a more expensive model.
Jaded Jeremy said…
How was Maxis's service?

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho