Where's William?

Hotel Room

Out of a sudden, I was directed to fly out for a business meeting cum training with our partner. The scheduled time was 8:30 AM. No choice then, I had to flight out the night before. Arrived at the airport with no hiccups and took a GRAB to the hotel. The ride-hailing charges were relatively cheap and the wait was nearly non-existent. Right after I had checked-in, my boss summoned me to a dinner meeting with our partner. Ordered another GRAB to the golf club for a dinner at a retro Japanese restaurant. Had a couple of Asahis and called it a night.

Club

Woke up bring and early the next day to have breakfast at nearby nasi kandar restaurant. A famous place that has several branches in Kuala Lumpur.

From the Hotel

The roti telur and teh tarik was quite satisfying, but I was alarmed by the Aedes mosquitos swarming the place.

Breakfast

Here's a view out my hotel room window.

From the Hotel Too

Called another GRAB to my partner's office. The training went well with many cups of coffee to smooth the course of things. Finished everything by 4:00 PM, and I went off to the airport to wait for my flight. Killed some time at the Dunkin' Donuts. I had so much time to kill that I didn't mind the fact the staff were slow as molasses and obviously lacked rudimentary training. I waited some more at the departure gate as there was a delay. Was so happy when I finally got home.

Can you guess where I went?

Comments

Aiden said…
The hotel room looks vaguely familiar. Is this somewhere along the east coast?
Twilight Man said…
I am very sure William went to Penang and stated at AC By Marriot Hotel. Went to Bukit Jambul Golf Club nearby to drink Asahi until mabuk. Next morning you walked to Kayu Nasi Kandar nearby for breakfast... Then flew off from Penang Airport. That's my hometown.
William said…
@Aiden:
Too far off! I was in Penang.

@Twi:
Sorry, you got the hotel wrong. I was staying at Vistana Bukit Jambul. The rest were correct!
Twilight Man said…
Hello!!! Marriott has taken over Vistana Hotel. So I am not wrong la. Where is my prize for right guesses??? A coffee and cake can make me happy.
Derek said…
Dear went to Penang! Hehe

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho