Kooky Keria

Patching My Tyre

Called in late on Friday because I had to patch a punctured tyre. Took me less than ten minutes, and MYR5, which is cheap by usual standards. Decided pack a box of keria gula melaka for my colleagues before heading to work. I had to wait around half an hour for them to whip up the first batch. Towards the end of my wait, I observed a peculiar scene at the stall. A lady filled a wok with a bunch of palm sugar. Then she fished out a packet of rock sugar and proceeded to wash it with water. Once that was done, she slashed the top with a pair of scissors, and the contents joined the gula melaka in the wok. I squinted my eyes, and then it dawned on me why she washed the packet earlier~ the rock sugar in the wok was crawling with ants. Lol. I wonder if the batch the lady was packing for me at the moment had a similar secret ingredient. Haha.

Keria Gula Melaka

Gula Melaka

Later that evening, I had a dinner date with SimonLover, Boon, and KH. Boon wanted to eat at Grub by Ah Hong. SimonLover and I were able to get off work early, so we went to SS17 to yumcha first. There was a new cafe behind the restaurant called Catcher in the Rye (not easy to read the sign due to the artistic font), which is an offshoot of Wild Sheep Chase. Shared a roasted soybean souffle since SimonLover had not tasted their signature dessert. The interior is casual, and better designed than their sister cafe, which just looks very empty.

Font

roasted soybean souffle

Dinner started without KH because he was late again. He went to the wrong venue because he assumed that Grub was in Happy Mansion. That kinda triggered me for the night. Boon wanted to try the steak, and we kept upgrading the choice to a more premium option because the price difference was just an extra MYR10 or so. But... I wasn't impressed. My favourite dish of the night was the wagyu meatball spaghetti that cost is less than MYR30. The meatballs were huge, like those Taiwanese Lion's Head.

Beetroot Salad

Wagyu Steak

Wagyu Meatball Spaghetti

Once dinner was over, Boon ventured to a speak easy bar that was located above Tujoh called Mrs Jones' Parlour. The place was packed with customers. None of us were interested in a drink, so we left Boon there and went home. During the drive back, KH addressed my black mood. I did realize that what happened that night was a trivial matter. But there were deeper issues connected to way I lashed out. Got it off my chest, adjusted my thinking, and all was right as rain again.

Dream Catcher

Comments

Twilight Man said…
Oh you do have black mood Ka? I thought you are so happy go lucky.

One day my front tyre punctured in Kampar. The shop patched and I asked them to exchange and shift that tyre to the back. They still charged me RM5. Happy!
Jaded Jeremy said…
Glad you two patched up quickly.
RB said…
These places are all in KL? I need a little map of your hangouts in KL.
William said…
@Twi:
Yes, will show black face! :P
Wow, free tyre rotation.

@JJ:
:D

@TBoy:
Tunjuk Queen Kontrol.

@RB:
Yes, in of the suburbs.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho