Swim Sunday

Pool Time

Can't remember the last time I had a slow and lazy Sunday. Because mum had a charity event on Sunday morning, we went to sunset mass on Saturday. My day started at 8:00 AM, had a light bite to eat, and sent mum out. Then I went to the AirBnB to replenish some household items. For the very first time, I could swim at the pool there. It was an L-shaped infinity pool on the 6th floor, with a 'splendid' view of decaying shophouses along Old Klang Road.

I didn't have the pool to myself as some kids were having their swimming lessons. That didn't stop me from changing into my skimpy yellow Marcuse swim trunks that SimonLover helped me purchase online. A couple of DILFs were there but they were in conservative suits. Did my laps then moved my stuff to the other end of the pool where it was quieter. Flopped myself on the lounge chair and relaxed. Unlike what SimonLover and ForIHaveSinned usually do, I didn't stick around to sizzle in the sun.

By the time I left, it was already past 11 AM. All that exercise had worked up an appetite. I drove over to Happy Garden to have claypot chicken rice at Restoran Kheng Heong. Perfect choice to replenish lost calories (many times over). Met Wai there, and we chatted for some time.

Claypot Chicken Rice

To quench my thirst, I went to have a cup of iced houjicha soymilk at February 18. Timimg was perfect because right after I finished my drink, it was time to pick mum up.

Houjicha Soymilk

Mum had already eaten, but she wanted to have coffee. Introduced her to Torte by Linda over at Kinrara Eight, where we had a latte and a slice of Russian honey cake. It was really good.

Coffee and Cake

Dinner was at Taman Pinggiran Putra. Thought of eating at Maulana Bistro, but ate at Maulana Daun Pisang instead. Never knew the existence of this other South Indian restaurant at the other end. Unlike the usual mamak shops, they had stuff like vadai, putu mayam, and assorted desserts. Satisfied with their rava thosai, but mum felt that it was a little salty.

Rava Thosai

Comments

Ernest said…
Love it that you have such a close relationship with mum and she is so accepting of you and KH. Mum is very enlightened and I think the faith helps.
William said…
@Ernest:
My mum doesn't come right out to say it, but she shows acceptance. Which ever way, I'm grateful.
Derek said…
Thanks Ernest!

William: Yeah lo, gratitude.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho