Keep Those Crepes Coming

Buttermilk Chicken Crepe

Out of the blue, The Tribe appeared at the vicinity of my church during lunch time. Since the timing was fortuitous, we had lunch together at Strangers at Forty Seven. Business was brisk as usual. While I was poring through the menu, a member of the service crew dropped off a glass of orange juice on the table. I thought that The Tribe ordered it. Then Sis realized that they hadn't even ordered anything. Told the waitress about it and she took the drink away. In a flash, she returned with the juice and declared that its on the house. We were cool with that.

Eggcited Over Cheese Crepe

Remembering that the portion of dessert crepes were small, I kiasu ordered four savoury crepes~ Nasi Lemak, Buttermilk Chicken, Eggcited Over Cheese, and Uncle Salmon. Three came with the exception of the salmon. After checking with the waitress, she confirmed that they bungled up the order, which was fine by us. Already too full. Suddenly, we got a free slice of cake as compensation. The people there can get my order wrong anytime!!

Free Cake

Next, I brought The Tribe to Kwong Wah for cendol. The shop was overflowing with customers as usual, but mum managed to secure a table anyway. Kiasu ordered again~ two cendol, nasi lemak bungkus, mee Siam bungkus, angku, coconut bun. The nasi lemak bungkus was disappointing and the mee Siam actually tasted artificial (the only way I know how to describe it!). Luckily the cashier didn't put in our order for asam laksa, else I dunno how we would have managed.

Cendol

Bihun Goreng Bungkus

Nasi Lemak Bungkus

Mum didn't want to go home yet, and jio-ed me to Jalan Jalan Japan. Subang Skypark was still as dead as ever, but the thrift store still survived there. I gave it a one over and told mum that I'd be waiting at the Starbucks.

Comments

Jaded Jeremy said…
Kwong Wah's ice kacang is also delicious.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho