Sunday on a Sunday

Asam Laksa

In a break from routine, mum and I had Sunday lunch at Damansara Kim. Wanted to let her try the 'homecooked' Penang food at Restoran Ho Li Chow. We had quite a feast with asam laksa (recommended), bihun Siam, and ABC. I was most disappointed with the bihun Siam because of the lackluster taste and lack of lauk. The ABC contained nutmeg shavings which I'm not a fan of, but it didn't kill it for me.

Bihun Siam

ABC

Made a detour to Taman Bukit Indah for the opening of Sunday Coffee and Desserts. The whole place was packed with customers who were mostly family and friends of the owners. Simple interior, mostly concrete with wooden and rattan furniture. Can't seat many though. The flat white was to my liking, and I could accept their carrot cake, although I usually shun it. Also tried the caramel custard which is also well-executed, but I'm not really a fan. I was told that their bread and sandwiches are the stars, so I will try those the next time I come. Parking is a bit non-existent though, so be prepared to walk a bit.

Entrance

Counter

Bread and Cakes

Carrot Cake

Caramel Custard

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I think that restaurant has closed down! I couldn't find it the other day.
Derek said…
Didn't manage to try the cakes there the last time. We go to Tanuki and try ok? Muacks
William said…
@Twi:
You sure?

@Derek:
OK!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?