Raya II : SahabatSkandal

White Curry Mee

On Raya Kedua, mum and I spent the day at IOI City Mall. She couldn't decide on what to eat, so I just chose white curry noodles at Teochew Chendul. From my FB post, Cutiepie discovered that I was at the mall. She buzzed me for a meet-up, and was there in 30 minutes with her eldest in tow.

Cendol

We had a little chit-chat at Original Banana Leaf accompanied by chapati, puri, and chicken varuval. When the puri came, Cutiepie's eldest did the honours of whacking it flat.

Chapati

Many retail stores weren't open for business, but we still managed to do some shopping. Cutiepie's eldest was running all over, hiding in clothes racks and trying on heels. At the end of of our outing, I introduced Cutiepie to the Family Mart sofuto culture. Hokkaido melon ain't one of their better flavours. Too artificial. Stick with hojicha. Trust me on that.

KH joined mum and I for dinner that night. Spotted a hidden restaurant called Ker Jia Zhuang at Equine Park. If you're familiar with Chan Yew Kee at Taman Perindustrian PSK, this is their new shop. Don't be fooled by the name, the menu is not exceptionally Hakka in nature. We purposely tried the abacus seeds, and I must say that it was very good, both texture and taste. The ginger chicken in rice wine was also up to standard. Do ask for their sambal hebi, and if you like it, you can buy a few bottles.

Abacus Seeds

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I love this title SahabatSkandal!!
I have lots of them.
Muahahahahaha

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho