Raya I : Return to Sri Perdana

Entrance

Once again, mum and I attended the Prime Minister and Cabinet Ministers' Hari Raya Open House at Sri Perdana. I had no wish to use the park 'n ride facilities, so I put my kiasu mode on and drove there early in the morning. Managed to secure parking at a field close to the entrance. But then, we had two hours to kills before they let people in, and the sun was climbing steadily. Luckily there was a food truck outside serving ice-cold Milo. At 10 AM, all hell broke loose. The earlier queues disintegrated. There was one geilou behind me who kept bitching that Malaysians had no manners and didn't know how to line up, but ironically he ended up far in front of me. What a hypocrite. The bottleneck was the security check. All water bottles, umbrellas, pens (yes, pens), knives, and other restricted items were to be left outside.

Lining Up

Welcome

Pavilion

Food II

Roast Lamb

Food I

Interview

Once we cleared security, it was smooth sailing. Compared to last year, it was much easier to get a place to sit, and there was no mad rush for food. Plenty of food for everyone. Didn't see many VIPs this year, just Gobind Singh, Anthony Loke, Azmin Ali, and M. Kulasegaran.

Bakzhang

Back home, we downed some ice-cold Tsingtao beer as were still feeling the effects of the hot weather. That brunch was so heavy that we didn't have dinner till late. Shared a bakzhang that KH bought in Bangsar. Never seen such a huge piece of pork in a bakzhang before! Must buy again next year.

TsingTao Beer

Comments

Twilight Man said…
I have always wanted to attend the PM house but you have just scared me off. I don't want to suffer the heat and drink Tsingtao. Muahahahaha

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho