Cut Hair & Corpus Christi

Pork Ball Noodles

Early on Sunday morning, mum went off with the tribe for a durian excursion at some remote orchard. I slept in, then went for some comfort food at Restoran Yoong Sheng. Love their pork ball noodles. Whiled the morning away working on my Holy Land photobook. If KH was around, the plan would have been sex, sex, and sex!

Oven Baked Cheesy Toast

At noon, I went to get my haircut. My stylist had closed his branch at Citrus Park, so from now on I will be going to Gembira Avenue. Settled lunch right at the salon as well. They have an interesting combination of a salon and a cafe. I wasn't particularly hungry, so the oven-baked cheesy toast with egg, and special iced coffee was a satisfying light lunch.

Special Iced Coffee

Not long after mum arrived home, we went to church for the Corpus Christi procession. The route was approximately 2 kilometers and brought us through the Taman Mayang residential area. The traffic police were called in for security purposes. The Host was displayed in a monstrance and traveled in a decorated truck. Songs and prayers were multilingual, in English, Mandarin, Bahasa Malaysia, and Tamil. As the Sacred Host re-entered the church compound, the church bells were rung, and the congregation convened in church for a eucharistic benediction. At the end, we had makan-makan!

Host

Mum had plenty of exercise that day. Her morning trip had included a 2 km trek to the orchard. During the candlelit procession, i showered candle wax all over my suede mocassins and the bottom of my jeans. Ack. The wax was difficult to remove from my shoes (read: I killed it), but with the jeans I could just iron them off with a couple of paper towels.

Candles

Procession

Comments

Twilight Man said…
You should have posted this years ago when wax stained my jeans. Silly me had to use knife to scrape off.
William said…
@Twi:
Knife to scrape off the big chunks, then iron it off.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?