Going In Circles

LED Light II

The circular pendarfluor light at my living room has started blinking, so I went hunting for a replacement. Little did I know that I was going to be a wild goose chase. Giant didnt have stock. Not on the shelves of AEON either. Turned up empty at two branches of Mr DIY. No luck at Mr Hammer too. Went to a light fixture shop at Equine and they shook their head as well. Conclusion, it's obsolete technology.

LED Light I

A quick search at Lazada gave me the answer. Online sellers carried what I wanted, but I saw something more interesting~ LED replacement. The idea is to fit a LED board over the original fixture and fasten the thing using magnets onto the base plate. Sounds easy right? I was sold. I put in my order and waited patently for my package to arrive from China.

Circular Light Base

In preparation, I removed the circular light and ballast. And when it came to mounting the LED board... well it just wouldn't fit because there's a big ass bunch of wires coming out in the middle. Everything would have fit in a perfect world. Haha. And to connect the wires I had to find new terminal blocks because over the years, the plastic had started to crumble. Rummaged through my old Kemahiran Hidup stuff and found a replacement. The colours of the wires were dead confusing (different country, and being colour blind didn't help) and I took ages poring over circuit diagrams before I attempted the installation. In the end, I just suspended the LED board on the light cover. Dirty hack. Lol. Most importantly, it works!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho