Bon Anniversaire, SimonLover!

Cute-sy Cafe

It was a Saturday afternoon, and Simonlover jio-ed KH and I to meet up with JJ and Bunny at The Bons Cafe, just outside Atria. I parked my car in the mall and walked out. Couldn't find the place, but found an empty post office instead. Took the chance to renew my driving license. Hehe. Unfortunately, the ugly and puffy face from my new identity card has now been transferred to my new driving license.

Cafe Corner

KH and I were the latest to arrive. The early birds had already started eating. I ordered the pasta lemak, basically nasi lemak with the rice replaced by spaghetti. Having said that, the spaghetti ain't cooked in coconut milk. In my opinion, it just didn't jive. The cafe is cosy, with cute-sy decorations. And the owners are also very friendly. A good selection of cakes here. Got SimonLover a slice to celebrate his belated birthday.

Cake is Great!

Attended sunset mass with mum, then drove all the way to Bandar Saujana to join SK's ex-colleague's birthday party. Years ago, we had traveled to Osaka together. It was a long drive through unfamiliar territory. A new township. The party was at full swing when we arrived at 8 PM. The guests had been eating since 3 hours ago! The birthday girl's husband had been churning out dish after dish.

Steamed Prawns

On the table was YTF, deep-fried pork ribs, steamed fresh water prawns, steamed crab, blanched pork belly that went amazingly well with ABC black soy sauce and chilies, waxed meat rice, and cuttlefish-kangkung salad. My humble contribution was ice cream that I picked up from a 7-11. :P. The hubby even made thick kopi o for the guests served in traditional kopitiam cups. The birthday cake was a green tea mille crepe. Really stuffed!

Sotong Kangkung

P.S.: Thanks Simonlover for helping me source the camo square cut trunks from JJ Malibu.

JJ Malibu

Comments

simonlover said…
At least u liked your JJMalibu vs my dissatisfaction with my purchases... LoL
William said…
@SimonL:
Wah, you're still on the Blogosphere!
Twilight Man said…
Nice one JJ MALIBU. Will the pineapple prick?
William said…
@Twi:
It's kind to my tush.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?