Dim Birthday

This Way

Some four days after my birthday, KH jio-ed me for dinner, just the two of us at Work @ Clearwater. Grabbed a GRAB to the building at Bukit Damansara. He made reservations at Way Modern Chinois, a place for modern Chinese cuisine. The security guard assured me that the restaurant was in the building, but I couldn't spot the entrance. I doubled checked the address. Then I noticed an elevator door printed with "THIS WAY TO MODERN CHINESE CUISINE". "Oh, upstairs kah?", I thought and proceeded to press the button. The door opened and I was confused again because that very well wasn't an elevator. Turns out that the restaurant was hiding behind that tiny door. Not exactly good feng shui for business with an entrance like that.

Molecular Skinless XLB

The interior was pretty dark with each table an island of light thanks to the small spotlights in the ceiling. Although hidden, had quite a number of customers. KH arrived later than me, so I had time to pore through the menu. With just the two of us, it was logical that we could only go for the dim sum. But still, the dim sum menu is very interesting. We started with the Molecular "Skinless" XLB, something that looks out of the Jetsons. Instead of the usual skin, the Shanghai soup dumpling comes in a gelatinous sphere, kinda like a mini water balloon that bursts on first bite. Fantastic experience.

Golden Rose Wantons

Then KH got me my 'flowers', the Golden Rose Wantons. Five deep-fried dumplings dipped in chili sauce, and served in a golden pot. Then it was Truffle Roast Duck, a specialty item that had to be pre-ordered. Indeed an orgasmic roast duck. To end, we had Wagyu Beef in Golden Sauce. The premium beef was arranged in a depiction of KLCC Twin Towers. Could enjoy the beef in a trio of condiments. Truly enjoyed myself that night. Thanks for the treat dear!

Truffle Roast Duck

Wagyu Beef in Golden Sauce

Comments

Derek said…
Know you will sure like this place with its fancy food decorations!
William said…
@Derek:
Yet to bring my mum there.
Twilight Man said…
Wow!!! I love that kinda roses! He is romantic and eats!

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Coat West Star II: Sho

Osamu or Naoya?