Saw Through Him

Spectacles

Nearly two weeks after I ordered my spectacles, they were finally ready for collection. Right after work, I jumped off at IOI Puchong Jaya LRT station and walked over to the mall. Would definitely take some getting used to the new pair. Had a slight feeling of floating. And the reading power wasn't very noticeable. All that aside, I was pretty psyched with the new bookish look. Most importantly, the weight of the frame wasn't a problem at all. Maybe I wasn't suited to usual nose pads that came with rimless frames. Yay!

On my way out, I was stopped by a Indian chap who asked me for money. He gave a story that his wallet was stolen, and a 'Good Samaritan' gave him a lift to the police station to make a report, and subsequently dropped him off at IOI Mall. To 'substantiate' his story, he produced a web page print out of his 'police report' with a weird URL at the footer. Another strategy he employed was to praise the Chinese as kind-hearted (in his story, the person who previously helped him was Chinese) and condemn his own race as betraying him in his time of need. And of course he just needed some money to catch a bus back to his hometown. Can't say how many times I've heard that. Right after I read his 'police report', I handed it back to him and waved him goodbye. Never expected such a thing at a mall.

Comments

Derek said…
Oh, he even showed police report. I experienced before in KLCC Mall many many years ago.
Twilight Man said…
Goodness! I used to bump into such con men many times, many years ago. Of course I was silly to help them too. I think I could write 2-3 blog posts about this.
Jaded Jeremy said…
Yikes! I should have told you (and everyone else) I have a good specs frame to give away.
You need reading power now? So is yours multifocal now?
William said…
@Derek:
Guess we have the 'gullible' face.

@Twi:
They are everywhere.

@JJ:
It's termed as 'relaxing', not exactly reading.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho