July Saturday in Pictures

Alms

Every now and then, the folks from Nalanda organize almsgiving events at the OUG morning market. Commonplace in places like Thailand, Sri Lanka, and Myanmar, but not in Malaysia. After the event, they leave with van-loads of food products.

Hup Tou Sou

Hap Tou Sou (核桃酥) is a traditional Chinese biscuit. The aroma and crumbly texture brings back childhood memories. However, the biscuit I bought from the OUG morning market was subpar. Yuck.

Beater

During a chit-chat session with my ex-primary schoolmate at last week's Raya gathering, she told me that she was looking for an old school spring beater that she needed for her home bakery. She couldn't find it in Kajang, so I volunteered to get it for her. Tembikar Tai Sun really has everything under its roof. The beater at the bottom is from my mum's personal collection. When I was a kid, she used it to make Kai Tan Koh (鸡蛋糕) with it for visits to the Taoist temple.

Wantan Noodles

Breakfast was Wantan Noodles from Daniel's stall. That dash of pepper is pretty important to the taste.

Frog Mee Suah

For lunch, mum made mee suah in a clear soup of frog meat and salmon. Weird combination right?

Bao

And I had bao for supper. Gosh..

Comments

thompsonboy said…
the guy kneeling down look proper hot from the side? LOL
William said…
@TBoy:
The next time I see him I try to get contact for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Kensei

Osamu or Naoya?

Coat West Star II: Sho